For any Psytrance music fan, It’s been always a dream to attend massive gathering in one of the most serene & breathtaking locations in the world. Yes we are taking about foothills of Himlayas – Nepal. Shakti Peak Crew comes up with 2nd edition of the music festival ,this time it’s a 4 day long festival starting from Mar 23-27 with a cracker of 30+ artists.
So in this story we are covering “How to attend the festival in a very strict budget without any over expenditure”. See our other post about the artists & lineup Click here !
For cheapest rates we strongly recommends to book online tickets. Both domestic & international customers can book online. Tickets are exclusively available in MAD Vibes.
Visa & Immigration.
For Indian Citizens
As per the Nepalese immigration, Indian nationals traveling to Nepal must posses any one of the following documents:
- Driving License with photo.
- Photo Identity card issued by a Government Agency.
- Ration Card with Photo.
- Election Commission Card with Photo .
- Identity Card issued by Embassy of India in Kathmandu .
- Identity Card with photo issued by sub-divisional magistrate or any other officials above his rank.
For Non-Indian citizens.
Travellers may obtain tourist visas on arrival at the airport and some land borders. You must pay in cash.
Tourist visa on arrival: US$25 (15 days); US$40 (30 days); US$100 (90 days).
Multiple-entry tourist visa in advance: £20 (15 days); £35 (30 days); £75 (90 days).
How to reach the Venue ?
The festival venue is located in Eastern Nepal near a village called Basantapur, Zone – Koshi, District – Terhathum, Station- Basantapur
– Basantapur is the final meeting point and this point will start operating from 20th to 22nd of March .
– Scheduled vehicles will start moving from early morning on 22nd march.
– From Basantapur meeting point its a 5 hour drive up to the mountains .
– Only 4×4 vehicles will drive up for the venue.
-The scheduled vehicles fare WILL NOT BE INCLUDED in the ticket fare.
– The scheduled bus from Kathmandu will leave on 20th March for Basantapur Meeting point so kindly reach Kathmandu before 20th March.
– Biratnagar is the nearest nepali airport which is 65 kms from basantapur -shakti peak village
For all guests who’ll be traveling from India, the best way to reach venue would be as following:
Step 1. Book a flight till Bagdogra Airport, Siliguri, West Bengal.
Flight charges from major cities are here as follows –
*Prices are subject to change according to closeness to the dates. So please book as early as possible.
Step 2. Take a cab or bus till Kakkarivitta (India-Nepal) Border – 2hours
Step 3. After that you need to take another cab or bus till Basantapur meeting point.
Step 4. From Bansantapur final meeting point it takes about 5 hours max uphill drive towards Festival Location.
This is the most convenient way to reach the festival venue.
Hotel/Home stays and Tents for renting.
>100 tents are available for renting, kindly send an email to this address for booking purpose : firstname.lastname@example.org
> 100 tents space available at Shakti Peak Village which is 3km away from dance floor
> You can also bring your own camping gear
> Home Stays are available at Shakti Peak Valley which is about 3km far from venue, around 100 people can book rooms(first come first serve). The home stays are Mountain Wood House style.
Other important do’s and dont’s.
1. Please carry a valid proof of identification at the party.
2. Right of admission is reserved with the organization.
3. Use of Audio/Video equipments is strictly prohibited.
4. The organization is not responsible for any theft or loss of
5. The organization will not be liable for any fatal injuries or
damage suffered at the festival.
6. Outside food/beverages, water bottles NOT ALLOWED.
7. Please avoid bringing plastic products and plastic bags inside the venue. Please take care of nature and keep it as ORGANIC as possible.
8. Everyone is entitled to keep their surrounding clean and tidy. Please dispose rubbish in designated areas and refrain from using plastic at all.
9. Possession or consumption of any banned or illegal
substances is strictly prohibited. Any violations will be
subjected to legal actions and will be handed over to the
See you all beautiful souls on the dance floor then.